Friday, October 8, 2010

Applying To Sogang KLEC

It took several months for me to decide on which Language Institute I wanted to go to. It was between Yonsei KLI (Korean Language Institute) or Sogang KLEC (Korean Language Education Center). My ultimate goal is to be able to speak proficiently and not really fluently. Based on reviews from various blogs and websites, I decided to apply to Sogang KLEC cause they can help you speak faster and more fluidly. I did want to go to Yonsei before cause I could dorm there for a while until I got to know a bit of Seoul. I wanted to play it safe, but it wasn't what I really wanted.

I went to Sogang's website around August and you couldn't apply for the Spring 2011 semester cause....uh....the radio button wasn't there, haha. Even after the summer semester ended they never updated their website for me to apply. I waited a while for the fall semester to apply. Even after the fall semester started they STILL didn't update their website. By this time I was getting worried cause I wanted to apply as early as I could.

A week later Sogang updated their website, so you could apply to the Spring semester. YAY!!!! So I applied.....5 TIMES!!!!! Well, why did I apply so many times? After sending in my application, I was redirected to another page to set your interview date. Um....the website didn't ALLOW me to choose one. There were no dates at all to choose from. At this point I was like, "They didn't update their website fully. I will wait 1 week". I waited and I pretty much applied EVERY single week in the month of September. TWICE every week. Can you tell I REALLY wanted to go to Sogang? haha. After applying a dozen times, I emailed Sogang, but never got an answer.

After no answer, I just made a user account with the website not knowing if I even had to do it. The account required a Social Number and a Korean name. I didn't have either, so I put in my Social Security Number for Social Number and put in my real name for Korean name. I applied once more thinking that this is what I had to do to get an interview date.......WRONG as usual. I waited and waited....waited some more for an answer from Sogang. Never got one. On October 4th, I was so frustrated that I pulled up Yonsei's website and said that if I didn't get an answer today, that I was going to Yonsei. I checked my email one last time and BAM!!!! I got an email from Sogang saying they needed a copy of my high school diploma and passport. How ecstatic am I now, hahaha.
Dear XXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for applying to Sogang University Korean Language Education Center. (KLEC)

I need more documents to admit you to study in Sogang University KLEC.
So, would you please send your scanned passport, Alien Registration Card (if you have) and diploma (transcript from university or college is possible) to me via e-mail?
(KLEC must check that documents because of Korean Immigration Rules for foreign students.)

I will send a mail about your total tuition and Sogang’s bank information after I check your documents.

Thanks again for applying to KLEC’s 2011 Spring program.
I look forward to meeting you soon at Sogang University KLEC.


Regards
Kim Hyung-il
I just took pictures of them and sent them an email back. Several hours later I got accepted ^__^V. Here are the pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment