Friday, October 8, 2010

Hello New Adventure!!!

Welcome to my first post. Am I bothering you that much already? haha.

I created this blog so I can record my mishaps in Seoul, South Korea. Mistakes you shouldn't make and some information on what I did to get to Korea. All the troublesome stuff for a person like me has to go through. I've never been out of the country, so it's gonna be a new and fresh experience for me.

Hm....why am I going to Korea in the first place? Well.......I can honestly say that I want to learn about the culture first hand. Something I've been interested in for a long time. I know, I could just watch stuff on TV or the internet on it, but.......that's just no fun at all. A little history lesson: I use to live in a VERY small Koreantown in my hometown of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Specifically in the Olney area. My mom use to take the family to the Korean supermarket to get groceries. Little did I know, I was eating Korean food at a young age and always thought I was eating Chinese traditional food, haha. Only into my mid-teens did I realize what I had been eating. I even watched the Korean version of Dragonball and didn't know it. Just until a few months ago I thought one of the verses for the Korean Dragonball theme was "Metri metri met metri" (I was thinking it was something like Metroid). It was actually saying "Let's fly let's fly let's let's fly". Ahhhh, the retardedness, hahahaha.

Anyways......the medium that got me to want to take this adventure would be.....a movie called "My Sassy Girl". It's still one of my favorite movies. When I was 19, something overwhelming had sparked within me and I just decided I wanted to go to Korea. I needed to do this NOW or I wouldn't ever get a chance to. If I waited too long, things will fall out of place. Sooner or later, I would get discouraged. If anything ever happened, I can always say that I fulfilled a long time dream. I got myself out of debt by paying off all my loans (a lot) and getting a higher paying job. Fast forward to 2010 and I have saved up several thousands of dollars to stay in Korea for a year. Everything starts now.

I do this for myself and for you!!!!

3 comments:

  1. good job! that's a useful blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks~! I love everything Korean and I'm not even Korean..lol. I thought I should start your blog from the start.

    Thanks for doing this for all of us who want to go there someday~~~~~!!!!

    I hope Korea and life are treating you well~~~!!!!

    ReplyDelete