Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cell phones

To be honest, don't like them a lot. I waited until I was 19 until I got my first one and loved it for 5 years. Without a cell phone in Korea is like cutting off your social life. The first thing you should do is get a cell phone in Korea. Get it BEFORE you dare look for housing. It's a lot harder to get housing without one. I went to T-World to get one. If you exit out of exit 6 at 신촌 station, just go straight. Go around the corner and keep going straight. The first T-World had HORRIBLE service. I waited in that store for 45 minutes and no one was willing to help me. My friend got her cell phone from there though, so I thought I had to go there cause I was a foreigner. I got frustrated and just walked out of that store. I kept walking straight until I saw another T-World store:


I just asked the owner for "prepaid phone". The owner understood and whipped out 2 prepaid phones for me chose from. I just chose this one:


I gave the owner my passport and he round up some paperwork for me to sign. Within 20 minutes I had a phone. It comes with a charger and an adapter:



All chargers in Korea is the same so you don't ever have to waste your money on another one. If you change your phone, all you have to do is change your adapter. At the first T-World you can get better looking ones than the one I have, haha. It'll cost you though. I only paid 20,000 for the phone. Another 15,000 for the USIM and 20,000 for the prepaid card. I don't have the best looking phone, but it does the job I want it to. My friend paid a lot more for hers and she only wanted something simple. If you want a recharge, just go to any T-World and do it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment