Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Journey Part 1

Before I hopped on the plane, I needed to prepare a few things. I printed out the direction to my hostel, printed out instructions on how to get to AREX (Airport Railroad Express), printed out my itinerary, and printed out my hostel reservation. Bought all my travel toiletries. I arrived at the airport 2 hours early. When I went to check in I didn't even need to show them my itinerary/e-ticket receipt. They only asked for my passport and gave me my boarding pass:


Once you get your ticket just give your luggage to the attendant who gave you your ticket. They'll tag your luggage and give you a luggage claim tag:



I waited an hour and a half for the plane cause I went past the security check quick. Now I'm pretty dumb and will get confused extremely easily. While I was waiting for the plane to show up, I heard my gate number being called even though I heard it was for a different city. I got up to board the plane, but saw a few people still sitting down waiting. I didn't know what to do, so I looked at the electronic board and it showed that my plane will be arriving after this current plane left. I guess if you are ever in doubt to look at that board.


I boarded the plane after it arrived and flew to Washington D.C. My next flight was in 40 minutes. I went to the bathroom, bought a book, and bought a razor. I had 20 minutes left to board my plane. While I was walking to my gate I heard them saying it was the LAST call to board the plane. I quickly dashed over. I usually have very bad luck with such things like this. I flew from Washington D.C to Narita, Japan. It was a very long flight with very little leg room. I was hoping to met some Koreans on the plane to network a little, but there were just a lot of foreigners. The plane was HUGE. It was bigger than any plane I've ever been on. They had these tiny LCD screens on the back of the seats playing movies on repeat, haha. You can listen to the radio or watch the status of your flight in real time:


I slept most of the way to Japan, but it was the worst sleep I ever had on a plane. There were not enough space for me to tilt my head in the right angle to sleep. Had backache throughout the trip. The only movie I enjoyed was Aladdin, haha. I honestly lost my patience after several hours of just being so cramped up. I kind of wanted to kick someone so I could stretch out my legs =P. If you need to pop your ears from the change in pressure, I advise you do it when it happens. For some stupid reason I didn't want to pop my ears so many times, so I let the pressure just accumulate in my ear. Well....that was a bad idea. If you wait too long and pop it then, your ears will HURT. It will STING. I'm never doing that again, haha. After arriving in Japan, I somehow got lost at the airport. The sign for connecting flight was actually in the security check point that was in another room. If you don't look closely you can easily get lost like I did. Luckily I was a few minutes early to board my final flight to Seoul, Korea. The plane for Koreair was damn awesome. Plenty of leg space and plenty of hot stewardess, haha. I slept a bit and it was just amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment